We are looking for an experienced Class A Truck Driver to serve our Rebar Construction Company in a safe and timely manner.
- Transport rebar and materials to residential and commercial construction sites through Southern California.
- Performed pre-trip, en-route and post-trip inspection of vehicle for mechanical items and safety issues.
- Loaded and unloaded cargo and ensuring cargo is secured and properly meets safety compliance.
- Plan routes and meet delivery schedules.
- Comply with truck driving rules and regulations (size, weight, route designations, parking, break periods etc.) as well as with company policies and procedures.
- Maneuver trucks into loading or unloading positions.
- Collect and verify delivery instructions and maintain log books.
- Recorded cargo information, hours of service, distance travelled and fuel expenditure
- Report defects, accidents, violations, incidents, or serious mechanical problems to the managers.
- Maintain truck and associated equipment tidy and in good working order.
- Two (2) plus years of proven working experience as a truck driver.
- Planned trip logistics and obtained necessary documents to transport goods.
- Extensive knowledge of applicable truck driving rules and regulations.
- No recent moving or driving violations.
- Adaptability and foresight to handle unexpected situations (traffic, weather conditions etc.) and follow all appropriate traffic laws.
- The ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Willing to submit to background/drug checks and provide employment recommendations.
- Valid truck driving license.
- A current Medical Card and a current DMV Run.